Tuesday, November 17, 2015

marriage.

Hey! Sorry it has been a little while since I scribbled any words to my friends out there. I have been busy. Struggling. Working through some unfinished projects, unearthed some old personal tragedies, and found a whole new meaning to my questions I thought I answered. The answers never come easy and the questions perpetually pile.
First I was fired from Pies because of insubordination what a crock of fine Southern fried shit.  The story is long and the punchline not to memorable, so I won’t bore you with it. I will let you read the words that fired me.
“Johnny?”
“What?”
“Outside.”
“Let me punch in first.”
“No need.” Those words were enough to tell me that my reig9n as the night Expo at Pies and Thighs was over. I followed the Fat jerry Garcia wanna be looking- fuck, out the door.
“Hey man. I know you understand what I’m about to say, but it has really come to a head.”
“Huh? I didn’t know it was festering?”
“Why are you such an ass? You don’t take anything seriously.  You are being fired. Fuck.”
“So”
It doesn’t bother you?”
No. Well actually, it does. (Pause*Sigh* Shrug*)! Ya know what. I wanted to quit on a Friday night when everything was backed up. I wanted to walk out with my apron smouldering on the grill with a bunch of shitty fat filled hamburgers burning and the Ansel system spraying foam all over the place from a bunch of shitty recooked waffles burning in the salamander. I pictured that scene over and over in my head. I feel robbed. All I got was your fat ass telling me that you have some shit on the head of your dick coming to a head. Really anti-climactic Dave. So lame. Fuck! (Sigh*shrug* smile) but for what it’s worth…GO FUCK YOURSELF. And take your fake passion for Lies and ALLIBIS and shove it up your cum-bucket’s ass….Oh that would be Drew if you didn’t know who I was referring too. Hahahaha.
Okie dokie….that is the end of pies and thighs and my cooking career……..
Now. I have gone from Intern to Intern with Stipend to Fulltime Employee at the program where I was interning this summer. Yes. I will say that again. I am now and Employee at the program where I was an Intern. YES!!!! (He Smiles). A big welcome to my counselling career. I really feel good about this change in my life. I really feel that I can help other people achieve their goals and dreams of becoming the best person they can be.  I am happy. I am very happy and this is such a new feeling for me. I love it and welcome this feeling with open arms.
Next. Homeless alone hungry and cold. Is almost ready to go to print!!!. I am finding time to edit.  Heaps of pages a day are being read and reread, edited changed denied and refused. . I am reworking the essays and finishing up the last part of the book. Now that my personal change is happening the last essays are becoming easier to complete. I am no longer in limbo wondering how I will end this first book of personal essays. How I will bridge this gap and make sense of it all. I now have hope and faith and love pouring into the ending. It feels great. It reads great. It shows people that a real sense of hope faith and love is working in my life and I think it will inspire others to want to reach out and grab there piece of happiness. I hope I can give them the tools to help them realize their true potential.

Lastly, I am no longer alone. I am married. I did it. I married, Eddie. I am so happy. He is happy too. We are happy. We are family. Ha-ha. Yeah. Exciting. I don’t know what else to say about this at the moment so I am gonna just leave it here. It is beautiful; it is grand. Probably the biggest unselfish act I have ever made.

No comments:

Post a Comment