Tuesday, February 2, 2016

Tattoo

Watching the tired faces scan the platform for loved ones friends or just something familiar after a long I feel their loneliness cry out to me. The cold December air blows throw the tunnel pricking the hairs on the back of neck. I hate when I forget to put on a scarf.  I believe my neck is always cold but subconsciously I just despise this tattoo that permanently marks my neck. It stares at people; relentlessly causing discomfort. Always revealing assumptions to strangers about the character that is me. The pain that man endured to wear that mark on his neck must have been phenomenal.  He must be animal. Most definitely, he is a criminal, in a gang, an ex-con, a biker, dope-fiend, or a speed-freak! Hmmmmmmmmm? Maybe a tattoo artist, a stupid teenager, a lost soul, a good kid, rebellious, non-conformist, creative, different, unique, and a little bit insane! 

No comments:

Post a Comment