Monday, January 11, 2016

Philly

Neat..
Eddie and I went to Philly this weekend and it was somewhat of an unusual Philadelphia experience for me.
I never told Eddie my story about Philly. I have not shared this story with many . Never on the blog and have yet to decide to put in the book, it was a very scary experience. Not sure of the the legalities that could arise and I am just not comfortable telling the full story.
IN MY TRUCK> IN THE 90's > COPPING DOPE WITH CRISIS>
So Eddie and I had a fun time on the bus. We played with a 3-5 year old Chinese boy. I had him jumping and yelling and screaming, drooling and throwing shit everywhere. Eddie was tired of him, but of course I fell asleep so Eddie was stuck to play the games. Haha. Eddie fell asleep the bus quieted down, but then I awoke to start my foolish games with the boy again. Now i have him jumping from seat to seat. Eddie sis upset, The woman next to me who smells like she woke up under Canal Street is pissed off with all this nonsense. She tried to move her seats for the last 20 minutes of the ride. She finally was able to get to a new seat but it took her at least 19 of them minutes. She was more repulsive than the child's play with her last snaggle-tooth shinning in the blue glow of the unused USB plugs. Grrrrr. She was so unkempt and her hygiene was nonexistent. I couldn't tell if I was smelling the unwashed restroom of the Chinatown bus or if it was her clothes, skin, and you know what.
WE GET HIGH-JACKED> CRISIS IN TRUCK> I'M IN AN ALLEY WAY WITH TWO CRACK-HEADS> ONE PRETENDING TO HOLD GUN ON ME>
We get off the bus and head to our room in the Society Hill Hotel. It is a real nice room with stand-up shower. A nice warm color of sea-foam green, big Victorian windows, with forest green curtains. The weather is balmy for early January in Pennsylvania. The rug is comforting to our tired feet and the bed is firm, yet very accepting of us. We shower. Head to Philly's Chinatown for a nice inviting mean of dried tofu sheets in a almond sauce, scallion pancakes, and chicken covered with spicy garlic sauce. We stroll around Chinatown looking at the sites, bums, and boys, buy a Chinese checker game, and head back to Society Hill. We walk through the Art neighborhoods of Old City Philly in a light drizzle. Once in the room our clothes litter the floor and we fall to the bed and learn just how enveloping these room can be, an hour later we smile and kiss goodnight and drift away to our own space in dreams.
"EMPTY YOUR POCKETS >SLOWLY> START WITH YOUR JEANS> SLOWLY," I SAID!
Awake. I walk down the stairs with a cup of coffee in hand. I smoke and tour the neighborhood in the light of day. The winter warmth is so unusual and strange. What is happening to the Earth? The morning is nice. I find a cafe for our breakfast. I light another smoke and head back to the room.
NOW EMPTY THE JEAN POCKETS> THAT ONE FIRST> JACKPOT! I FEEL THE FAMILIAR FEEL> I POP THE CAP OF THE SYRINGE> I HAVE IT IN MY HAND> NOW GIVE ME AN OPPORTUNITY>
Back in the room. Eddie gets up to pee. I lie in bed and wait. He comes back to bed. I greet his morning-hood. He smiles. I smile. I shower. We play again but this time with real marbles. He defeats me, twice. He had better the game comes from his homeland. I fall back into bed and he makes me feel like I have won. My prize is beautiful. Happiness. We shower. I tell I found a place for brunch. He asks me if I am okay. I live and say, "Yes. of course." We dress and pack. We leave the Society Hill Hotel, forever. Hmmmmm. Maybe? We go to Farmcia and order our brunch. he has a Turkey club. I get a Ham and Swiss omelette. We eat. He ask's again, "Are you Okay?"
THE NEEDLE IS PLUNGED DEEP IN THE SOCKET> I RUN> IT"S DARK> HE SCREAMS> I HEAR NOTHING>I WAIT FOR THE HOT METAL TO PIERCE MT BACK> I TURN A CORNER> I RUN DOWN A HILL> I SEE MY TRUCK> THE KNIFE ON CRISIS SHINING IN THE STREET LAMP> FASTER> MOMENTUM> DOWN THE STEEPNESS> TOO FAST> I CAN"T STOP> HE TURNS> I GRAB HIS ARM AND DRIVE US BOTH INTO THE DOOR> CLANK CLANK CLACK CLACK> DARKNESS>
We pay our bill and walk outside. We walk around Philly and the feeling leaves me. I feel happy. Its over. I wont see the guy with the fucked up eye, begging for money, looking into my soul, knowing it was me. He chose his fate. I was just doing what needed to be done to survive. I was a deer in the headlights. lost, alone, scared. Now I am found, in love,alive.
I COME TOO IN THE TRUCK> CRISIS SHAKING> COUNTING MONEY> SCREAMING> DRIVE FUCKER> DRIVE>
We board the bus and head back to NYC. Philly is behind me and its not that bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment