Monday, January 4, 2016

January 1st 2016

Here we are. Year of the Johnny take II!
2015 what a year, so much to be grateful about. So much. If you have been following this blog you will know that I didn’t keep my promise to update daily. He’ll I didn’t even mange to update weekly I did become very busy and this is amazing.  I all not promise any such thing this ear, but I will give you a weekly post. 
2015 recap… finished training at the TRTC, shortly after CASAC schooling ended, I found myself an internship at The PAC Program of Manhattan of which I finished and was put on a stipend and then shortly thereafter I was employed by the program and currently still work for the PAC Program. Besides working in the field I went to school for I started delivering food for a bike messenger company. I was eventually this job turned into a full time cooking position. The job was short lived because of management inconsistency. I was fired on a Friday because I called the kitchen manager on his inability to function with constant pride and positivity. He told everyone to take pride in their job and work but his example lacked motivation and care. He called a mandatory meeting the day after Labor Day for all kitchen staff and if any one of us didn’t show or were late we would be docked 2 hours of pay. The day of the meeting, he told me via text message that he was so hung over he was not coming to work. A few weeks later I had told my KM that I would be late because of a dental appointment. He said it was fine but he failed to write this information on a calendar. When the day came I reminded him about being late he asked if I had a cover. I told him I was going to be late and not absent. I also reminded him that I told him 3 weeks in advance about this appointment.  His poodle size brain didn’t seem to retain this information. I had to call thee new KM, the fat alcoholic who rated jerry Garcia shitty wardrobe, acted like I never informed anyone.  He started acting all Powerful and mighty. He didn’t like when I called him on his bullshit and alcoholism. So he fired me for insubordination. Haha. Pies and Thighs. All their recipes are stolen from the Internet.  Pies and thighs where there care more about food than their employees or customers, pies and thighs where the owners are homophobic.  Pies and Thighs where the truth is never told.  The job signified something more than money. It showed me how humble I was to put up with the lies for six months, to not get angry that a dishwasher made more than me, and I learned to deal with people on a new level the job meant a ton to me I made some good friends, laughed, and still smile when I think about the fun nights.  As for the owners and the fat ass KM, I hope this year they wake up and realize that people are important without them they wouldn’t have anyone to serve their shitty food too.
This WILL happen in 2016: the first issue of Homeless Alone Hungry and Cold will be published.  Eddie and I will have a beautiful Honeymoon somewhere on this lovely Earth. I will pass my CASAC exam.  I will apply to TRTC as a teacher.  I will get my ESL English program off the ground and hopefully start work on sociology masters at Hunter College.

I am grateful for all the people who have stood by me and listened to me bitch and moon, rejoice and praise, and basically just listen to me ramble. They are mentioned in no order but the way I thought of them: Eddie Jason Jan Bob Ryan JJ Sharon Andrea and her wonderful family Glenny Luke CJ Randy and everyone else who has helped me along the way. Thank you and I love you

No comments:

Post a Comment