Saturday, July 25, 2015

Dont Jump

Once again I let life jump me. I had a date Thursday and after I thought it was only right to send a message and say hey I had a great time being stuck underneath scaffolding with you for two hours in the pouring rain….My suggestion go for a walk. His suggestion Starbucks.  I am amazing. Ha. Anyways, this wasn’t a Grindr or OKC date this was a card giving to me at the gym date. Well my message upset the guy and he said I was obsessing. Huh? Oh well. I just don’t get that fucking fine line. The next morning he calls me to tell me that the rain was a bad omen for our first date and even though he feels it could work and he is attracted to me he has to take that sign from nature saying, “Stay away!” I say okay. Maybe in a few months you’ll change your mind. Later that afternoon I wanted to look for him. He told me he waited tables in the west village. I knew it was a Mexican joint, but that just wasn’t enough to go on. I gave the stalking, creeper-esque thought the back burner and let Cj buy me lunch. We hung in Washington Square Park. I studied Chinese he tried to tan his ½ whiter than white hot body...Lets make out. We had a great time. Arlo Guthrie would have been proud because we found humor in everyone who crossed our silly little path.

Before I ran into CJ I had a Johnny Style moment. It sucked. It still sucks. I am not sure why I am the only one with the shitty luck to get to witness all the horrors that happen in this god forsaken city. That is not true. I don’t get to see all the horrors, but I always get to see the horror shows. Just once let me see someone help someone, please!!!!!    

East Broadway around 10:10 am, a sunny Friday morning. I am walking East towards the F train. The F train where I get to vision the only place Double H truly let his affection show for me one winter morning as I saw him off to the healthy Center in Chelsea. A place he frequents after a night of NSA fun and recklessness. The place where he plays Russian roulette with his ass and a bunch of seedy old men who have never heard of a condom. The place where I hope and pray to whatever powers there are in Universe to look over Dbl H and keep him safe. I really cannot take another death to a disease that can be halted with some protection and common sense.  

I nearing the deli where Dbl H works and the road is congested with fire trucks and cop cars. Sirens and chaos. Everyone is looking up. About five stories up on the building directly across the street from me hangs a Chinese boy. He is tall and lanky,but he could not have been more than 14 years old. He is holding on to a window ledge. A window that only a slim petite person could manage to get out. His arms are giving everything he can. Even though my eye-site is horrible and my glasses were nowhere near me, I could see the veins bulging in his forearms. A pleasure of mine is coveting another's bulging veins. Wishing. Hoping. Not any longer. A dream in the past.  I immediately cringe and fear for this boy.

The two cops on the scene are running back and forth clueless. Why are they not inside trying to grab his fucking arm. Why is there not something on the ground to break his fall? Why is this great city so unprepared. Would it be that hard to have some kind of air mattress kept on all fire trucks for the sole purpose of making the concrete a little less solid? This is 2015? We have everything we need for entertainment, why not something so simple to preserve life. Fuck.....    

So the crowds started gathering. Cell phones started coming out of pockets and purses. I started sweating and my eyes began to tear. He could not hold himself up there forever. He must have been as lite as a feather, but his muscles were just as tiny. I walked away. I couldn't watch. But just as all goes with me, I was too late. He just gave up and opened both hands and let go.
The cop started running up the stairs into the building. Ah not sure what that was about.
He was bowled over by the boys father rushing down the stairs. I never saw the impact thankfully.

What I heard is the boy hit both feet first. bounced up and landed on his side. Bllod trickling from his mouth. What the fuck. Why? Why why why but fucking why? (tears)                                                                                                                                                                                                 

No comments:

Post a Comment